Friday 20 January 2012

on telly!

A few days before Christmas we were asked if we would sing some carols on BBC's The One Show, and in spite of us having to be available from 3pm on a Friday, about 60 or so members were able to drop everything, for a good sing.

It was lovely inside the City Hall, and we were well supplied with tea and sandwiches. We had a good run through singing beneath the Christmas tree in the foyer, while one happy couple posed on the stairs for their wedding photos! (perhaps they just thought that we were provided by the coucil as seasonal serenading..)


Weather was..damp,

(look how everyone is smiling, even though they're shivering..)

     Bright lights..

 The attire was, as ever, Exceedingly Formal...



There wasn't TOO much jostling for position (the most common concern I heard was... if you're in front of me, I won't be SEEN..!) 





I love this pic, because it has our lovely Secretary and our wonderful Chair, together in the middle.

And the atmosphere was warm. (though not as warm as this photo below implies -


- I walked in to the City Hall with this soprano and bass, and when I asked if they'd pose for a photo for the blog, THIS is what they did!! Pure badness!)

Warm, apart from Dick. At first I thought that he must be the real Father Christmas, for here  he was, surrounded by his little helpers, head in hand reading the letters from all the children, and the magnitude of his Christmas Eve journey was clearly just hitting home...

But he assured me afterwards that he was just learning his lines! 

No comments:

Post a Comment